WHAT IS A BALANCED DOOR?A balanced door is a swing door with unique mechanism which distributes wind pressure during operation to make the door open without much force. The exterior wind pressure is distributed by the door's unique swing path, and the pivot spring provides force against interior stack pressure to fully close the door.
The balanced system smoothly deals with inside/outside wind pressure during opeation to make a safe and efficient building entrance.
WHERE TO USE A BALANCED DOOR?
High Traffic Entrance
The entrance faces frequent gale
High-rise buildings affected by wind tunnel effect
The door needs to be extra tall
COMPARING TO A CONVENTIONAL HINGE DOOR
(Balanced door on the right side)
- When opening the door, the wind pressure is distributed to inside through the gap on the hinge side and on the edge side the stack pressure push back to accelerate the door open.
- The required door opening force is only half to two third of regular force.
- The torsion bar provides closing force against the stack pressure and fully closes the door.
- Door opening force against the entire door weight and wind.
- The internal stack pressure makes it hard to keep the door fully closed.
- The door retracts while opening and saves one third of door width taking exterior public space when fully opened.
- Reduced waving radius to fasten opening/closing speed.
- No entrance traffic jam even with a larger door size.
- The full waving radius takes much time to a full opening and takes much exterior public space to cause entrance traffic jam.